Sponsored by American National Bank
Important Changes to The Upcoming Season
We have been working diligently behind the scenes during this extended hiatus to review, reevaluate, and reimagine our return to the live stage. With the health and safety of our audiences and artists paramount, a more cautious reopening plan along with a renewed commitment to serving the audiences represented in our community, we are excited to share some exciting changes to our upcoming theatrical season.
• Head Over Heels and Mary Poppins will be rescheduled to the 2021/2022 season. We know our fans are excited about these shows and we are committed to presenting both productions next year when physical distancing guidelines may be less stringent, allowing us to fully produce them with the large ensembles featured in each.
• We will open the season with Songs for a New World in December. As we reflect on the past six months and look ahead, we find that we are truly in a new world. We have chosen to present Tony Award-winner Jason Robert Brown’s (The Last Five Years / The Bridges of Madison County) powerful first musical about a pivotal moment in life, the choices we make and overcoming adversity to achieve greatness, themes which are profoundly relevant to our current times. With recent approval from Broward County to stage outdoor productions for limited capacity audiences, and pending approval from Actors’ Equity Association, we would like to welcome you back to the theater with our first ever open-air performance under the stars in the Broward Center’s Peck Courtyard. The show will be 90 minutes without intermission.
• Once On This Island will replace A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder. Filled with Caribbean colors, rhythm and dance, this winner of the 2018 Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical celebrates love, resilience and the spirit of hope illustrating how the timeless power of theatre brings us together, moves our hearts and helps us weather the storm.
The new 2020/2021 Slow Burn season is as follows:
• Songs for a New World | December 18 - January 1
• Once On This Island | January 29 - February 14
• Ragtime | March 19 - April 4
• Kinky Boots | June 11 - 27
If you are a Season Ticket Subscriber, there is no action for you to take at this time. You will be contacted by email in the coming weeks with details on each production as well as information on all refund, exchange, credit and donation options available to you.
Prior to your return to the Broward Center, we will share health & safety protocols designed to create a comfortable environment for our patrons. These protocols have been developed in collaboration with Cleveland Clinic based on industry best practices. They follow guidance from local, state, CDC officials and Actors' Equity. The guidelines will be updated as needed as we get closer to showtime keeping our guests, cast, crew and staff in mind.
Thank you again for your unwavering support which has helped us keep our fires burning while our lights have been dimmed. We are eager to get back on stage and look forward to sharing our art and heart with all of you again soon!
Patrick Fitzwater & Matthew Korinko
Slow Burn Theatre Company Co-Founders